dinsdag 12 november 2019

New Sonic the Hedgehog movie trailer out and it looks very promising

OK, so as I finished my list of live action movie disappointments where I talked about the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie, only a few days later the revised trailer is released. I didn't have much hope after I saw the original trailer and usually executives never listen to the audience. Even if the feedback they receive to the first trailers are negative they act like they aren't aware of it and still push the movie no matter what. At first I was surprised that for once, a movie studio actually valued the opinions of the fans and this time promised to have Sonic redesigned which is why the new release date is now scheduled for next year. And here it is:



I didn't think it would matter much because changing Sonic wouldn't mean that they also reshoot parts of the movie. But piping hot greasy meatballs, this new trailer blew me away. Not only does Sonic look a million billion trillion times better as before, but now he also looks cool, cute and adorable. Thankfully he doesn't look as cocky as in the later Sonic video games, for example the notorious Sonic 06 (oh how I hate that video game). He looks so stunning to look at, that you won't feel distracted making it much easier to focus on the jokes and the story. I would even go as far as to say that if this would create a new line of merchandise, that I would purchase a stuffed Sonic doll on the conditions that he looks exactly the way he is in this movie. There are several references to the video games or Easter eggs that us fans recognize and appreciate. The first screens in the opening part of the trailer are clearly from Green Hill zone and it looks AMAZING. I wished the whole movie could take place in this Sonic universe, but if they could create it as good as this then it's fair enough. But more importantly, the rest of the trailer has changed as well. The story now actually looks interesting and the jokes are funny. I laughed loud once, and after rewatching I laughed more and more which is a sign that the movie gets better the more you see it. Jim Carrey still looks more like himself with a vintage mustache instead of the characteristic Eggman, but he seems fantastic so that stays a minor nitpick. And finally, they changed the music too which is now much better. A tune in the trailer is by JJ Fad -Supersonic from 1988. I grew up with this music, and I find this choice very clever perhaps a nod to his powers after collection all the chaos emeralds. Even the poster is now a huge improvement, even though I don't like as mentioned before, Jim Carrey looks too much as himself and very little like dr Robotnik. I haven't been to the cinema for years and I haven't had this itch to see a movie for a long time. And together with Joker & the return of the killer klowns in 3D (still not known much about the current status), this Sonic the Hedgehog is the only movie I am really looking forward to go see.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten